Song Guide for Your Wedding Day
No matter what style or type of wedding you’re planning, there’s a list of major categories that you’ll need music for. You’ll need to decide on different songs for specific parts of the day. Here is a song guide for your wedding day to make sure you don’t forget a soundtrack to any of your special moments.
- Processional. You need to pick a song for your bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to, and then another for when you walk down the aisle yourself.
- Recessional. After you say your “I Do’s” you’ll need to have another song for your big exit.
- Cocktail Hour. If you’re hosting a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception, you’ll have to have a playlist of songs ready.
- Reception entrance. A song to mark the bride and groom’s entrance as well as the wedding party. This is a good chance to set the tone for the reception.
- The first dance. We’re sure you didn’t forget this one.
- Father-daughter dance. You’ll need a song for the mother and son dance as well.
- Reception playlist. Give your DJ an idea – and perhaps a list – of the music you do and don’t like.
- Cake cutting. This song can be cute, sweet and upbeat.
- Bouquet toss. This should be a fun and upbeat song.
- Garter toss. This should be fun as well.