A bridal shower is without doubt one of the most interesting and fun of all wedding traditions. It is the time where people get to shower the couple, and more so the bride, with gifts and advice on how to navigate the harsh waters of marriage. Planning the perfect bridal shower is therefore just as important as planning the rehearsal dinner, the honeymoon and even the wedding itself.
What makes planning the shower so tricky is that you don’t want to have a party that is so amazing that it will outshine the wedding, or one that is so boring that it starts the entire wedding season on a low note. So if you are a party planner or a bride or even a maid of honor who has been given the task of planning the ultimate bridal shower, below are five of the most popular bridal shower themes. The ideas should help you get started on the right foot.
- Costume party theme- If you are and your guest are the type to enjoy dressing up then a costume party is a great idea. It is not a very common theme but it is definitely a super fun and memorable for everyone.
- Garden party theme- You can never go wrong with an outdoor bridal shower. This theme allows guests to interact freely in open fresh air which makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable.
- Tea party theme– This is one of the easiest to pull off. Not only is it simple and elegant but also affordable and quite easy to set up.
- Wine tasting bridal showers- There is probably nothing better than bonding over good wine. This makes the wine tasting theme one of the best for bridal showers.
- Jack and Jill shower– what makes this bridal shower theme so amazing is the fact that it is centered on the couples shared interests. Be it swimming, bowling, rock climbing or even singing karaoke, the party will be organized in such a way that everyone gets to participate in the chosen activity.
No matter what you decide on, it will be a day that you will always remember for years to come!
Top 5 Dress Styles For Your Flower Girls
She may be small, but your flower girl has a big job; leading the way for your walk down the aisle. Because of her unique role, a lot of thought is put into the flower girl’s dress. Many brides opt to have these darlings dressed in miniature versions of their wedding gowns. Other flower girls are outfitted in white dresses with sashes to match the bridesmaids. From tiered skirts to floral accents, each option is cuter than the next. Move over, Suri Cruise; these trends will have your flower girls looking like little fashionistas!
A colorful sash adds a beautiful pop of color to a white flower girl dress. Match the color of the sash to the bridesmaid dresses for a look that ties in the entire bridal party together.
A flower girl can never have enough flowers. These textures look absolutely divine and add a fun, youthful element to these adorable dresses.
A tiered skirt adds the perfect amount of volume to a flower girl’s dress. It creates a lovely shape and adds a princess-like effect – every girl’s dream!
Considering that flower girls are generally between the ages of three to eight, it’s appropriate for them to be wearing dresses befitting their ages. Sleeves add a demure look to the dresses and, if possible, make the girls look even sweeter.
Flower girls don’t necessarily have to wear white. Lemon yellows, mint greens, and pretty pinks are popular choices for flower girls. Candy-colored frocks perfectly complement the sweetness of these little girls. You can even match the flower girl’s dress to the flowers at your wedding!
Planning a wedding is tough work – you have to consider every single detail in order to create ‘the perfect’ scene for your beautiful love. Too often, new brides forget that there are services like The Bridal Show Planner that can inspire and give direction for your big day so that things come together much smoother! We’re here to help!