A bridal shower is without doubt one of the most interesting and fun of all wedding traditions. It is the time where people get to shower the couple, and more so the bride, with gifts and advice on how to navigate the harsh waters of marriage. Planning the perfect bridal shower is therefore just as important as planning the rehearsal dinner, the honeymoon and even the wedding itself.
What makes planning the shower so tricky is that you don’t want to have a party that is so amazing that it will outshine the wedding, or one that is so boring that it starts the entire wedding season on a low note. So if you are a party planner or a bride or even a maid of honor who has been given the task of planning the ultimate bridal shower, below are five of the most popular bridal shower themes. The ideas should help you get started on the right foot.
- Costume party theme- If you are and your guest are the type to enjoy dressing up then a costume party is a great idea. It is not a very common theme but it is definitely a super fun and memorable for everyone.
- Garden party theme- You can never go wrong with an outdoor bridal shower. This theme allows guests to interact freely in open fresh air which makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable.
- Tea party theme– This is one of the easiest to pull off. Not only is it simple and elegant but also affordable and quite easy to set up.
- Wine tasting bridal showers- There is probably nothing better than bonding over good wine. This makes the wine tasting theme one of the best for bridal showers.
- Jack and Jill shower– what makes this bridal shower theme so amazing is the fact that it is centered on the couples shared interests. Be it swimming, bowling, rock climbing or even singing karaoke, the party will be organized in such a way that everyone gets to participate in the chosen activity.
No matter what you decide on, it will be a day that you will always remember for years to come!