Wedding Toast Do’s & Don’ts
Writing a great speech for your wedding toast can be intimidating. After all, you want it to be funny, meaningful, and sentimental and …perfect. This shouldn’t be too hard right? Here are some wedding toast dos and don’ts to help you master the perfect speech that will leave everyone wanting more:
- Be yourself – they chose you for a reason!
- Be brief. Keep your speech under 5 minutes long.
- Mention both, the bride and the groom.
- Be funny.
- End with love and a well-wishing for the couple.
- Speak into the microphone so that everyone can hear you.
- Don’t be a drunken mess while giving your toast.
- Don’t use vulgar language – there are kids in the audience.
- Ramble on..and on…and on.
- Don’t mention any exes.
- Don’t tell any inside jokes that no one will understand.
Don’t forget to have fun with it!